Here’s a quick guide on setting up Tampermonkey for Chrome
1. Head over to the Chrome Web Store here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/tampermonkey
2. Select the Tampermonkey offered by tampermonkey.net, and hit the blue ‘+ Add to Chrome’ button on the right.
3. Once installed, you should see the Tampermonkey icon in the top right menu
It may be ‘grayed out’, and that’s OK. If you don’t see the icon, then in the ‘Customize and Control Google Chrome’ menu found at the very top right of the browser (the three vertical dots), click ‘More tools’ -> ‘Extensions’ and look for Tampermonkey and ensure the checkbox is set to ‘enabled’.
4. Now click on the Tampermonkey icon in the top right menu. Select ‘Dashboard’. In the dashboard screen, click the ‘New’ button highlighted here…
5. As of the writing of this article, I suggest adding two scripts. This script
works on an opened post. Current features..
- Counts the total number of historical posts the member has made, and displays this next to their username. If the number is 1, it’s safe to assume this post has no duplicates.
- Automatically checks the subscribe to this post box.
- Checks to see if another member has responded to the post since you started, and updates the submit button to notify you.
New Script Page
6. To add this script, delete the content of the new script, and copy and paste the code from the Gist link above. Click ‘save’. Once saved, the dashboard screen will show the script as running. This is where you turn scripts on or off in the future.
The script works automatically as soon as you open a post’s page in the browser. It’s not necessary to leave the Tampermonkey page opened.
7. Now repeat the process to add this script.
This script works on the main WordPress.com support page. It reads the tags of each post, and places an icon next to the title. eg: Modlook, CSS, Billing etc.
It also hides any posts that have the duplicate tag. Simply follow the steps above to add this new script. Ensure the scripts are switched on in the dashboard and you’re good to go.
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions by commenting below.